Monday, May 23, 2011

A Lenghty, Yet All-Too-Concise Update

Well, it's my mantra these days that each day is a new one, and brings with it a new opportunity to start fresh, to renew your commitments to yourself, to jump back on the goal-purusing train if you happened to de-board for whatever reason.

So. An update. It's been a while since I've logged any of my river walks.

Reason #1: The weather during finals week, the week I trailed off from posting, was the first truly gorgeous, authentically spring weather. I took advantage of the spectacular sun by lounging about in the Oval during my lunch breaks. I now keep a neon orange fleece blanket in my cabinet at work just for sunbathing on my breaks now.

Reason #2: I've been finding it hard to make the time to blog. It seems like my day is a whirlwind, even the evening time. I get home from work, cook dinner (usually with Michael present), work out, come home and shower, do some cleaning if need be, and BAM! I look at the clock, and it's 10:30, which is usually the latest I can get away with staying up and still be functional in the morning. Grrr!

Reason #3: Some of the walks I have taken lately haven't been true river walks. Michael has started meeting me and walking with me, or sitting on a bench at the river with me. These breaks have been particularly pleasant because he tends to meet me on days that I'm having a rough time, or on days that we know we won't be spending time together in the evening. I always have tons of fun with him, and he always brightens my spirits, so it's refreshing to have some boyfriend time to get away from the front-desk bustle and to help me bail out of the overstressed mindset I all too often find myself in come midday at work.

Well, now that I'm done making excuses for myself, I realize that it's time for me to hit the sack. My goal this week is to drag my sorry behind out of bed early enough to shower, get dressed, and eat. Basically, I want to give myself time to actually wake up before getting to work. The past month or two I've just been rolling out of bed, taking a five minute shower if needed, then throw on clothes, brush my teeth, pack my lunch, and get out the door. This whole routine takes me a whopping twenty minutes (thirty if showering). 

I am interested to see how I feel by the end of this week, as I will be getting a few minutes less of sleep each day, but will be more prepared to start the day by the time I get to work. It's always been hard for me to alter my daily routines once I'm used to them, but you never know. Right now is a time of personal change for me, with the exercise and healthier food choices, so what's one more minor one, eh?

(I am promising myself to blog again tomorrow about my exercise goals and future river walks or lunch break excursions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment