Monday, May 9, 2011

An Accomplishment Anyone'd Be Proud Of!

On Sunday, I managed to hike the M AND jog a mile (not counting the walking intervals). I must say that it felt so good to work my body hard and have it still respond positively. (Or, rather, not negatively.) As I was stretching down in the sunshine after my two-hour morning adventure, I realized that I had totally underestimated what I was capable of. Sunday morning gives me even more motivation to continue working hard to better my cardiovascular fitness and to lose weight. I'm going to make it a goal to continue to add variety to my exercise routine. (I almost hit the gym again on Sunday, but decided to try hiking after I saw how sunny it was outside.)

Hiking the M was far from a cakewalk, but about halfway up I felt warmed up and spent less time resting at each switchback. I made it up in just under 25 minutes, and spent about fifteen minutes sitting on my favorite rock cluster directly above the M enjoying the beautiful valley.

As the instructor in the sit-up DVD I checked out from the library said, "First the price, then the prize." I think that will be my mantra as I continue on my fitness journey. : )
[Video from atop the M to come forthwith. That is, as soon as I have the time and patience to fanaggle it off of my fancy phone.]

No comments:

Post a Comment